Monday, September 1, 2008

4 months old!!!

First Stroller Ride- That thing is huge for them

Kamryn

Taylor

Kamryn

Taylor

The girls had their 4 month birthday today and since it was labor day, Kerri's sister's family came over to eat. Kerri also had a cake for me, since my b'day is this week. Mine is the 4th, and Kerri's and my brother Steven's is the 8th. The girls are getting bigger and we're seeing more of their personalities come out. When we hear them cry at night, we try to guess who it is crying and usually we are right. It's funny how distinct even their cries are sometimes, but sometimes they're hard to tell apart. They clearly look different in person, but it's amazing sometimes in pictures we have to take a second look to see which one it is.
There have been a couple of nights when the girls slept for like 6 hours, but we can't get it figured out how to make it happen every night. Even with the lack of sleep, they bring so much into our lives. When they take a nap, we miss them so much sometimes, it's like we haven't seen them in a week when they wake up. Anyway, enough rambling. The girls have been doing great. Taylor is requiring less oxygen each day, it seems. We are still hopeful she will be off of it by her next pulmonologist appointment on Sept. 9th. We have eye doc appointments Wednesday, and the aforementioned pulmonologist and a pediatrician appointment next week. Thank everyone again for all your prayers and encouragement. We hope to be heading back to Mississippi by the end of the month, so maybe we will see many of you then.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
These girls are absolutly beautiful.God has worked so many miracles,with your girls and a lot more tiny ones that we know.Can't wait to see you all.Hope the weather is not to bad where you are.Chris came in from the coast yesterday.I was surprised at that!!They should be able to go back in a couple of days.Thanks for the update.I check it every day just in case you put them on here.It's OK if you want to put some more of you and Kerri on also.I love to see your smiling faces.In God's love
aunt FAye

JessL said...

They are so adorable! I love their facial expressions in these pics :-). They are such little miracle babies. I am continuing to keep y'all in my prayers. Love y'all!

oh, and Kari, I meant to comment on the last entry that you look fantastic!

~Jessica

Emily said...

Your little girls are beautiful! I hope to get to meet them when you come back to MS!! I think it is really amazing to watch them grow & I am sure you are enjoying it more than you even imagined!
Love,
Emily

Tonya Catlin said...

They are so beautiful and are growing so fast. We're praying that they can get off oxygen soon and that their eyes will have no damage from it at all!

Tonya Catlin

MillerMissions said...

Can hardly wait until I can hold them and love on them too!

We started second tri today - a lot different from last tri, but at least I understood most of what was said. Here we go again!

Not too much longer now...
Glynis

Hilary said...

Wow, they've grown so much. I'd really love to get to meet them when you get back this way. I know you have a ton of folks who feel the same way but will have to monitor how much they are exposed to. We'll be leaving from Memphis to go to Orlando for vacation in October, maybe you'll be where we can drop in to visit then. I love hearing about your new adventures in parenthood! :)