Tuesday, July 29, 2008

True Miracle!

I had to write this down while it was fresh on my mind. Our doctor, who is a strong christian man, just called a little bit ago. After he told me what changes he was making with the girls today, he said, "let me ask you something. Who are your prayer warriors." I said, "well, I have to admit I don't even know them all." I did tell him about all our missionary friends, church family, our family's prayer chains, our friends... we had no idea really how many prayer warriors we had. He had told me before when Taylor had been sick that he knew we had some awesome prayer warriors. This is the part that brought tears to our eyes. After asking us that, he said he had never heard of a baby surviving a second bout with group b strep. I, of course, thanked him for not telling us that last week. He was going to do more research to see what he could find out about recurring strep b. We mentioned before that strep b can be fatal in infants, but hearing how fortunate she really is struck a chord on our heartstrings. Praise God Almighty!!We are overwhelmed with His mercy, grace and love. It shows us all the more that He is in complete control! We know God is already using these girls for His glory, which is what we prayed for their lives since before they were born. We know He has big plans in store for them. Taylor is doing much better, but still needs your prayers, since she's still not 100%. Another side effect of strep b can be brain damage, also. We can't know right now whether that's the case, but pray it's not. "Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." James 5:16- Thank you prayer warriors!

10 comments:

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

This good news just brought me to tears.... praise God!

Hilary said...

Many of our church members are praying for you and I post your updates on my blog regularly. I know many of those are praying too. I'm so glad to hear such wonderful news and I am also glad he waited to tell you the real risks until now! I'll be praying for Taylor's continuing improvement.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,If only this dr. knew how many people you all have praying for you ,he would truley be amazed.Just tell him you have the universe praying for you all!!!!!Thanks for all the updates,and you and Kerri take care of your selves.Love you all aunt Faye

Ruth said...

Wonderful news!!!

Anonymous said...

We have followed your progress on the blog and pray often for you. Praise God for His blessings.
Richard and Linda FPO '08

Tonya Catlin said...

What a wonderful praise to make my day! I know many, many people are praying and it's just amazing to see how God is working!

Our family page said...

Don't you just love God? I will keep praying! Love, Missy

Unknown said...

Aaron & Gabrielle Woods have been keeping us (members of Maywood Baptist Church here in Independence, MO) up to date via emails about your little girls.

just thought I'd drop you a line and a word of encouragement to let you know you're ALL in our prayers. Praise God for the great news this week. I know HE will work all things according to HIS purpose. Stay Strong In the LORD.

peace, Ang

Emily said...

God is so good! What an amazing testimony to what He can & will do...We are so happy that the girls are doing well & we are so blessed to see these little miracles continue on this journey!
Love,
Emily Carlew

JessL said...

Amazing! Praise the Lord for the miracle He is working in your sweet little babies lives!