They use acronyms for everything around here. Kamryn still had a PDA the other day, which is explained in a previous post. They did not do surgery, however, because the surgeon couldn't make it. Since there was time, they decided to do another round of medicine, which we should find out the results of by monday. While we were there last night, Kerri noticed her fingers looked blue on the hand where they had the IV. they loosened the tape and we thought it looked better. We always pray for them before we leave, and while we were beside Kamryn's bed about to leave, Kerri noticed her arm below the elbow was very pale. We called the nurse over, and they looked at it and decided to remove the IV. After a few minutes, her color was back in her arm, but her fingers were still blue. This morning, it appears her fingers under the nails are still blue, so pray for that now also, that it didn't harm anything long-term.
Now for Taylor. The doctor called us in yesterday to look over their head ultrasounds. Both showed an IVH, or Intraventricular Hemorrhage, which is bleeding into the ventricles of the brain. Kamryn's was a level I, and the doctor didn't show much concern about it. Taylor's however, was a level IV, which is considered very serious. He did say it was on the low end of the spectrum for a level IV. What this means is that she is at high risk for brain damage, which also can mean a lot of different things as far as what it effects. Please lift her up to the Father, that he would clear this up and there would not be further complications like brain swelling, and that there would be no long term effects on her little brain.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
One Week Old Update
The babies have done well this week. I wanted to keep notes of everything that has gone on and answered prayers. Both babies have had jaundice, Kamryn's is gone. Taylor' white blood cell count kept rising. After prayers, it is on the decline. Both babies have had a PDA, which is an open artery coming off the heart that is supposed to close after birth and become a ligament, but doesn't. They both went through two rounds of treatment for it, and can do as many as three. Taylor's was closed after an echocardiogram, and Kamryn's had become a large. This has been sent out as a prayer request, because the next step is surgery. Though it's considered minor, we don't want that for her. We asked for them to do another echo before surgery and they said they wouldn't. We prayed about that, also, because if it was closed we wouldn't know. That was answered, because their NICU doctor is a believer from Jamaica who's father was a pastor, and he understood my concern. He talked with the cardiologist, and He agreed to do another one this evening. We are praying for God to close this, and look forward to that answered prayer. will update later.
Friday, May 2, 2008
here are the pics
These beautiful little girls were born around noon on May 1 2008, the national day of prayer, May day, and their birthday. They only weighed 1 lb 12 oz when they were born. There have been people all over the world praying for them and us, and we have truly felt them. Thank you all, and please continue during these next few months as they have a long row to hoe, but they are fiesty and strong.
here is Kamryn Renee in the pink hat

The next two are Taylor Elyse- notice my wedding ring on her left arm. Tiny and sweet.



here is Kamryn Renee in the pink hat
The next two are Taylor Elyse- notice my wedding ring on her left arm. Tiny and sweet.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
In Labor
Kerri is now in active labor, and we are awaiting delivery. The epidural has been installed incase of c-section with Kamryn. Taylor, at least, should be able to be delivered vaginally. Thanks for all your prayers. Pray the babies will be strong enough to make it being only 25 weeks in gestation. They look good, though. Kerri is doing well and is calm. We will post again after they deliver, which will probably be today.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
labor scare
Kerri and I have been traveling to Orlando the last week or so, taking our time along the way. we saw some friends in south MS, then went on to Destin and stayed a few days there before going on to Orlando. I went on to Miami to work with the MAC offices for a week or so this past Sunday. Kerri called me Tuesday night from the hospital and said she was dialated 3-4cm and i needed to come. She was put on magnesium to try and stop labor, which seemed to work okay. She was then transported to another hospital better equipped for 25wk neonatal care. This morning her water ruptured, and we were worried that the babies would be here today. We sent prayer requests to everyone we knew, and we really felt the prayers literally coming from around the world, which was an overwhelming feeling in a good way. The contractions stopped and the fluid leakage stopped for a while. They have continued since, but slightly. The babies have done really well, and seem to be fighters, we just wish they'd be a little more patient. We are told that the next couple of days should tell us more. The rupture could heal on its own, which we're hoping and praying for. If not, we could be delivering in the next couple of days. Please keep us in your prayers, and we will try and update with any developments.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
We're back

We are now back in Mississippi after traveling by way of West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Beautiful scenery and not a bad drive. We stayed with some friends in Kentucky for a couple of days. Thanks to everyone for your prayers while we were in training. Now we are waiting for our baby girls to be born probably in July. We think we have names- Taylor Elyse and Kamryn Renee- which are each of our initials. We will be moving into missionary housing on May 12th. Until then, we will probably be going to South Florida to work at the Middle America/Caribbean offices.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Shower
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
